Technical Weather Specialist
Chyron is looking for a Support Specialist to join our team for Weather. You will be working on projects for broadcast clients around the world. We build and deliver complex and rewarding projects for all the biggest names in broadcast. About the product Weather delivers high-value content on demand to viewers, for output on air, on the web, streaming or to social media. Producers and meteorologists canuse radar, satellite, or numerical prediction data in Weather to show viewers real-time weather conditions at the scene of a major accident, or how the local weather forecast is developing up to and through a major sporting event. Configurable for use by single operator or distributed teams, Weather ensures that designers, presenters, and meteorologists can work with data concurrently in a multi-platform production workflow. Built-in data management tools allow users to edit stored model data and point to data directly in the template, for last-minute changes. Weather’s template-based graphics are organized in layers that can have different data sources and visualizations.
Experience we’re looking for:
- Scripting (batch, powershell)
- Software analysis & design
- Familiarity with database structures and how to manage them
- Proven ability to work with complicated systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects
- Keen attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Good communication with customers
- Experience with graphics and design software such as Adobe products
What you'll do:
- Be the first point of contact for customers experiencing technical issues
- Own reported issues and see them through to resolution.
- Communicate accurately, regularly, and promptly with customers experiencing issues
- Document root causes and steps to resolve issues through the internal case-management system
- Solve technical problems, such as how to parse election data in different formats; or how to control multiple graphics engines
- Work with the Chyron Weather platform at the API level, and help customers expand its capabilities
- Commission Chyron solutions as part of larger projects.
- Train others on our team, and clients, how to use and support your solutions
- Helps other areas in the company to develop knowledge and support
Bonus Points If You Have the Following
- Knowledge in weather and Experience with AWS cloud service
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Creative Suite a plus
- Project Management
- GIS data knowledge
- Jira and Scrum methodology
- Additional education and computer courses are assets
- Experience with Linux, Samba and user rights management
- Knowledge about networks and firewalls