Technical Account Manager
Chyron is a global leader in products, services, and solutions for professional broadcast. As part of the Chyron team, you will be working with products that create content viewed by billions every day. We serve live television, news, and sports production, as well as other markets such as corporate, government, house of worship, esports and education. We offer the industry leading PRIME Live Platform, encompassing broadcast grade graphics, branding, augmented reality, video and audio mixing and more. Privately held, Chyron is headquartered in Melville, New York. Chyron also has offices in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for the overall technical health of an assigned customer account; predominantly in football. The TAM will act as a trusted advisor building deep relationships at multiple levels across the customer’s business and technology teams while facilitating the delivery of a world class service offering that is consistent with the TRACAB brand. The TAM will enable their customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with TRACAB by helping them gain a detailed understanding of how our products and services can solve real problems for their business; mainly focussed around Data and Video.
The TAM drives client loyalty by delivering the highest levels of technical account service satisfaction by providing required technical advice and expertise to assist clients in their infrastructure decisions, to support pre and post sales activities and to be the primary technical contact at TRACAB.
- Drive successful engagement throughout the entire post-sale lifecycle of assigned customers as the “owner” of customer relationships.
- Proactively grow the breadth and depth of strategic relationships within assigned customers.
- Create, develop and manage client implementation and continued client post sale management strategy.
- Travel: Requirements dictated by customer needs
- Projects manage all aspects of account management primarily within Sports Leagues & Federations.
- Act as an extension of the customer, being a proactive evangelist of our products to the customer and promote the customer within TRACAB to accomplish defined objectives.
- Align activities/resources on behalf of customers, in coordination with assigned Sales Executives, across TRACAB including Professional Services, Customer Support, Renewals, Product Management, Marketing, etc.
- Increase the business value of TRACAB solutions to Customers through gaining a deep understanding of their business/technical strategy and objectives for the solution(s). Drive customer adoption internally to their organization, moving from viral to engaged, defining program roadmap, translating technical and workflow goals to achieving business value and overall customer success.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for expansion across the customer’s business and collaborate with the sales team to ensure continued growth.
- Expand revenue in assigned customers by identifying cross-sell/up-sell opportunities of product and services, working in coordination with appropriate Sales Executives.
- Deliver services (creative, support, diagnostic, training, etc..) to assigned clients.
- Establish trusted relationships with customers, sustaining relationships through the full life cycle of the solution(s) ensuring their success.
- Serve as the escalation point for customers, driving issues to resolution either individually or through collaboration with appropriate team members in a fashion that inspires confidence and continued customer loyalty.
- Deliver client feedback to key internal stakeholders (Appropriate Sales Executive, Product Management and Director of Service) to help drive product and services development.
- Identify revenue blockers and communicate them substantively to Leadership
- Identify common customer challenges and work with stakeholders to solve and address these – do not leave customers to deal with challenges on their own concerning our products and services.
- In conjunction with support develop cost effective ways of monitoring customer systems and where possible provide remote operations, diagnostics, training and resolution management.
- Coordinate regular meetings with assigned clients as required either remotely or face to face – build customer relations. Deliver detailed reports to clients quarterly or as agreed with the client and updating them regularly.
- Clearly articulate the product and company value proposition
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 5-8 years of business development experience (direct sports industry enterprise preferred).
- Knowledge of football at all stakeholder levels, including Club, League & National Association levels
- Proficient in English, German, and Spanish written and spoken
- Preferred experience working with Football Data and someone who is proficient within the industry
- Experience with real-time data and video
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate prior experience working in large or strategic accounts.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and win
- Proven experience working to and exceeding targets
- Experience with design and implementation of a business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team