Senior GAAP AcountantMelville, NYRemote
- Close the Books: Reconcile supporting schedule for all key balance sheet accounts, posting entries as needed. Coordinate with peers to complete worldwide close (US GAAP basis) by the 5th business day. Perform a detailed review on a transactional basis for assigned account classes to validate the appropriateness of the account balances
- Perform Analytics: Complete balance sheet and income statement analytics for assigned entities to identify key fluxes and potential trends.
- Other: Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity for our key processes. Deploy key metrics/measures to evaluate success and validate impact. Ad hoc reporting as requested by management.
- Experienced in US GAAP and the related reporting requirements on a consolidated global basis. You are comfortable reviewing and analyzing transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment, performing relevant research, and presenting/documenting conclusions to support compliance with US GAAP.
- Comfortable navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data, and using Excel to transform the data into meaningful results
- A self-starter who can own and resolve problems, operate independently, set and enforce smart boundaries, and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices and common sense
- Strong at effectively juggling competing priorities, managing multiple matters, and meeting deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous with your attention to detail, and produce a high-quality work product, with a demonstrated track record of execution and exceptional organization skills
- Passionate about being a part of high performing and friendly teams made up of people all around the world environment
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA certification a plus but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Assurance at a public accounting firm, or 5 years relevant experience in the private sector (publicly traded or PE-backed companies)