Product Manager – Venue Solutions
About our Company:
Chyron, a portfolio company of Apollo Management, is a global leader in products, services, and solutions for the broadcast and sports industries. Specializing in live television, news, and sports production, Chyron offers some of the industry’s most widely deployed solutions — including Lyric®, the world’s most popular broadcast graphics creation and playout offering; the all-new CAMIO® Universe newsroom workflow; and TRACAB® Optical Tracking, the global leader in optical sports tracking systems as well as Click Effects, the most proven and versatile stadium broadcast family of graphics products. Headquartered in Melville, New York, Chyron also has offices in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
We are looking to hire a Product Manager to lead our Click Effects product and overall Venue Control initiative.
About the product:
Click Effects is Chyron’s highly integrated, turnkey graphics authoring solution for live arena- and stadium-based A/V presentations. Click Effects unites the advanced authoring, rendering, and data binding power of Chyron’s renowned graphics platform PRIME with the industry-leading arena graphics generation and custom digital display control of the Click Effects CrossFire and Blaze solutions.
About the role:
At Chyron, the Product Manager is responsible for the product roadmap and planning throughout the Product Lifecycle. The role includes: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap at the Epic level
- Write detailed story specifications and support the Product Owner during their implementation
- Prioritize features and provide corresponding justification
- Conduct regular market study and competition analysis
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product in coordination with the Marketing team
- Engage with key customers to gather feedback
- Support the presales team on strategic opportunities (tenders, high-profile demonstrations, trade shows, etc.)
- Help develop and update the pricing for the product
- Maintain internal documentation about the product (Specifications, Roadmap presentation, etc.)
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards (detailed roadmap, release plans) and deliver regular updates to the senior leadership team
- Coordinate the release process by ensuring all launch prerequisites are met (marketing collaterals, internal training, pricing and documentation are up to date, etc.)
- Communicate internally about the product to raise engagement and ensure knowledge transfer across all teams
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to structure and organize the product definition and execution
- Ability to engage with cross-functional teams and communicate efficiently internally
- Knowledge of the Agile / Scrum Methodology
- Knowledge of Jira / Confluence / Gsuite advantageous
- Prior Venue (Sports/Entertainment) experience highly desired
- Product Management experience in B2B software desired but not essential.
- The role is open to strong Project/Support engineers or Operators with a sharp eye for details and willing to step into a PM role.