Part-Time GAAP Accountant (Remote)
About our Company:
Chyron, a portfolio company of Apollo Management, is a global leader in products, services, and solutions for the broadcast and sports industries. Specializing in live television, news, and sports production, Chyron offers some of the industry’s most widely deployed solutions — including Lyric®, the world’s most popular broadcast graphics creation and playout offering; the all-new CAMIO® Universe newsroom workflow; and TRACAB® Optical Tracking, the global leader in optical sports tracking systems as well as Click Effects, the most proven and versatile stadium broadcast family of graphics products. Headquartered in Melville, New York, Chyron also has offices in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
We’re looking for a part-time Global GAAP Accountant to coordinate and execute key procedures that will help drive the Company. Reporting to the Global Controller, you will have global responsibility for accounting and identifying areas for both efficiency and productivity improvements. You will collaborate with other in finance, as well as business functional leaders, and be accountable for measurable execution.
- Close the Books: Reconcile supporting schedule for all key balance sheet accounts, posting entries as needed. Coordinate with peers to complete worldwide close (US GAAP basis) by the 5th business day. Perform a detailed review on a transactional basis for assigned account classes to validate the appropriateness of the account balances
- Manage Cash: Manage the daily posting and reconciliation of cash receipts and disbursements for the assigned bank accounts
- Perform Analytics: Complete balance sheet and income statement analytics for assigned entities to identify key fluxes and potential trends
- Help Set Standards: Support Controller and team in designing and implementing standard closing packs and departmental best practices to allow for improved data accuracy and efficiencies
- Participate in Audits: Participate in the completion of the year-end audit work for both internal and external reporting requirements. Manage the completion of tax/VAT/government audits
- Other: Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity for our key processes. Deploy key metrics/measures to evaluate success and validate impact. Prepare and report on monthly/quarterly tax/VAT returns. Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Experienced in US GAAP and the related reporting requirements on a consolidated global basis. You are comfortable reviewing and analyzing transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment, performing relevant research, and presenting/documenting conclusions to support compliance with US GAAP.
- Comfortable navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data, and using Excel to transform the data into meaningful results
- A self-starter who can own and resolve problems, operate independently, set and enforce smart boundaries, and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices and common sense
- Naturally curious and analytical, and able to dive into and understand the story behind the numbers
- Strong at effectively juggling competing priorities, managing multiple matters, and meeting deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous with your attention to detail, and produce a high-quality work product, with a demonstrated track record of execution and exceptional organization skills
- Passionate about being a part of high performing and friendly teams made up of people all around the world environment
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA certification a plus but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Assurance at a public accounting firm, or 5 years relevant experience in the private sector (publicly traded or PE-backed companies)
Standards (for which this position is accountable)…
- Thoughtful: You take a step back to understand your tasks, why they are performed, and how they fit into the larger picture. At the most basic level, you ensure your work makes sense, and that reconciling differences are appropriate and easy to explain. You seek an explanation if something doesn’t seem right. You are disposed toward learning, and if there’s a best practice, you adopt it.
- Applied: You are organized and efficiently get tasks done. This means constantly working to prioritize and focus on the right actions in the right order. It also means you are able to manage up, while also having a growth mindset in wanting (and asking) to take on more responsibilities within the department.
- Communication: You effectively and efficiently exchange information with stakeholders. This means regular daily updates, especially during month-end and year-end. You prepare clear and concise emails, that are easy to digest and organized, which allow others to easily respond. You effectively deliver critical information, gather information, and communicate with others of like and different perspectives.
- Accurate: Details matter, especially in accounting. You have an eye for detail. You perform self-reviews of your own work before sending it to your manager and pay attention to materiality – the larger the dollar amount relative to the whole, the harder your self-review is.
- Collaborative: You work productively with diverse individuals in a variety of roles, with multiple interests and outcomes, to achieve acceptable and optimal results. In ChyronHego, being collaborative means providing leadership from everywhere. We’re all interested in getting better, individually and as a company, and everyone should take responsibility for this.
- Hardworking: You are disciplined, professional, and focused. You should also be competitive, determined, resourceful, resilient, and gritty. It does not mean consistently long hours (although sometimes long or flexible working hours are required). Take this job as an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
- Humble: This doesn’t mean meek or unambitious, it means being humble in the way that well-liked, highly successful people are humble. If you’re humble, people want you to succeed. If you’re selfish, they want you to fail. It also gives you the capacity for self-awareness, so you can learn, grow, and be smart. Humility is foundational. It is also essential for the kind of collaboration we have at ChyronHego.
- Ethical: You integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices. You develop trusting relationships and are seen as credible because of your judgment related to confidentiality, consistently ethical behavior, and the ability to hold to a core set of values while making decisions under political and social pressures.