Global AccountantMelville, NYRemote
Chyron is a global leader in products, services, and solutions for professional broadcast. As part of the Chyron team, you will be working with products that create content viewed by billions every day. We serve live television, news, and sports production, as well as other markets such as corporate, government, house of worship, esports and education. We offer the industry leading PRIME Live Platform, encompassing broadcast grade graphics, branding, augmented reality, video and audio mixing and more. Privately held, Chyron is headquartered in Melville, New York. Chyron also has offices in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for an Accountant to coordinate and execute key procedures that will help drive the Company. Reporting to the Global Controller, you will have global responsibility for accounting and identifying areas for both efficiency and productivity improvements. You will collaborate with other in finance, as well as business functional leaders, and be accountable for measurable execution.
- Close the Books-
- Reconcile supporting schedule for all key balance sheet accounts, posting entries as needed
- Coordinate with peers to complete worldwide close (US GAAP basis) by the 5th business day each month
- Perform a detailed review on a transactional basis for assigned account classes to validate the appropriateness of the account balances
- Perform Analytics-
- Complete balance sheet and income statement analytics for assigned entities to identify key fluxes and potential trends
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity for our key processes. Deploy key metrics/measures to evaluate success and validate impact
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by management
- Experienced in reporting on a consolidated global basis. You are comfortable reviewing and analyzing transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment, performing relevant research, and presenting/documenting conclusions to support compliance with US GAAP.
- Comfortable navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data, and using Excel to transform the data into meaningful results
- A self-starter who can own and resolve problems, operate independently, set and enforce smart boundaries, and provide recommendations consistent with good business practices and common sense
- Strong at effectively juggling competing priorities, managing multiple matters, and meeting deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous with your attention to detail, and produce a high-quality work product, with a demonstrated track record of execution and exceptional organization skills
- Passionate about being a part of high performing and friendly teams made up of people all around the world environment
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA certification a plus but not required
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience at publicly traded or PE-backed companies