Documentation Manager / Technical Writer
Play your part in the exciting world of broadcast technology with the global leader in live production innovation. Work with a dedicated, motivated team helping bring our products to leading sports, news, and entertainment productions. Chances are, you’ve already seen our products in use – on air, online or in major stadiums and venues all over the world. If it is live video, we create the technology to design and overlay graphics, insert data automatically, control cameras and more. If you have a strong desire to work with a future thinking company and a drive to succeed, we would love to talk to you.WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: We're looking for a well organized and detail oriented writer with a clear ability to grasp software and cloud-based technologies. You'll be responsible for working closely with our product management team, delivery team and marketing team to create accurate, useful instructional manuals and help files for our customers and our technical staff. You have strong communication skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment. You love to learn and have a passion for helping others understand the how and why of installing, configuring and using products that create and play content seen by millions of eyes every day. Chyron's technology powers captivating productions across the world! There's simply no other technology that's as exciting to work with as a writer - apply now!
About the Postion:
- Work closely with product management to understand new and existing product features and functionality
- Work closely with product specialists to understand the how and why behind product installation and operation
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that product usage instructions are in line with why customers are buying and to ensure that document design is on brand.
- Get hands on with our products to create and verify instructions
- Contribute to the document organization strategy
- Maintain product and industry knowledge
- Update documents with product update releases
Skills & Qualifications
- Expert user of technical writing tools including MS Word, Acrobat Pro, Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp and others
- Ability to create and use document templates to automate formatting of headings, table of contents, indexing, page numbering, headers and footers, and overall appearance
- Skilled at capturing screen shots
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Writing Style Guide and the ability to write consistently in this style
- Bachelor's degree in English, communication, technical writing or similar
- 3 or more years of experience creating large technical documents
- Knowledge of graphics creation, media asset management, and data integration is a plusKnowledge of broadcast production is a plus
- Should you reach the second level interview phase of the hiring process, you will be asked to show examples of your work in both the source document and finished product.
- Also accepting applicants in Canada