Chyron is a global leader in products, services, and solutions for professional broadcast. As part of the Chyron team, you will be working with products that create content viewed by billions every day. We serve live television, news, and sports production, as well as other markets such as corporate, government, house of worship, esports and education. We offer the industry leading PRIME Live Platform, encompassing broadcast grade graphics, branding, augmented reality, video and audio mixing and more. Privately held, Chyron is headquartered in Melville, New York. Chyron also has offices in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a Release / DevOps Engineer to help us build broadcasting products driven by our customer’s expectations - secure, up & running, delivering new features often and seamlessly.
A Release Engineer is a person with a passion for automation, adopting a highly consistent working style, willing to identify, solve build issues, and learn from them.
If you have a solid background in building delivery pipelines or DevOps and are familiar with any release stack (seniors), or willing to gain expertise in the field (juniors), we’d like to meet you.
- Software or release engineering experience (seniors) / basics or interest (juniors)
- Ability to design releasing systems (seniors) / ability to understand and work with complex releasing systems (juniors)
- Algorithmization and scripting ability (Groovy, Python, PowerShell, or any programming language)
- Experience (seniors) / basics and willingness to learn (juniors) with automation software (Jenkins, GitLab CI, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, any other similar automation software)
- (Seniors) ability to perform root-cause analysis / (juniors) problem-solving attitude
- Ability (seniors) or willingness (juniors) to help development team with automation
Opportunities to learn
- Release Engineering - building and deploying complex systems at scale, DevOps practices
- AWS, cloud philosophy
- Linux, Windows, networking basics
- Groovy and Python
- Release automation (git & Jenkins)
- In the near future Docker and Kubernetes
- Possibility of full or partial transition from/to SRE
Nice to haves
- Experience with releasing C++, Java, C#/.NET, or JS/TS/NodeJS applications
- Experience with MS Windows, SQL, noSQL databases, or MQs
- Advanced release concepts experience - releases of SaaS, releases to cloud, feature flagging, canary releases
- A fan of the kaizen (continuous improvement in small steps) culture
- Experience with large-scale or distributed systems, SOA
- Soft-skills - communication, project management skills
- Interest in SRE, DevOps, e.g. read a book about DevOps (The Project Phoenix etc.), or read a blog, watch a vlog, listen to podcasts about it