The company is building a cloud-based data delivery platform over its unique tracking technology. The aim is to produce modern, SaaS, cloud solutions. This is a challenging program as we are laying foundations of the company technology in the cloud for the next decade, if not for the next generation.
Our vision is to have highly-available and secure products, frequently delivering compelling features to our customers. Way to achieve this is through a systematic approach combining systems and software engineering. We would like to be in full control of our systems, and we don’t like toil. We would like to know about problems before our customers are impacted, we don’t like repeating issues, neither short-term solutions a.k.a. more future problems which are waiting for the worst timing. And automation is a must.
Our primary focus is on deep understanding of our customer needs, and our technology stack. We do primarily automation, incidents prevention, resolving them, and learning from them.
The team is built from scratch from experienced and skilled professionals. You have an opportunity to determine the future of the Chyron cloud.
We are looking for a Cloud Ops Engineer to help us build broadcasting products driven by our customer’s expectations - secure, up & running, delivering new features often and seamlessly.
A CloudOps is a person with a passion for automation, adopting a highly consistent working style, willing to identify, solve production issues, and learn from them.
- System and software engineering experience (seniors) / education, or at least interest (juniors)
- (Seniors) ability to design secure and highly-available systems / (juniors) ability to understand and work with complex or distributed systems
- Algorithmization and scripting ability (Bash, Python, PowerShell, or any programming language)
- Experience (seniors) / basics and willingness to learn (juniors) with public cloud (AWS, GCP, any other cloud provider)
- (Seniors) ability to perform root-cause analysis / (juniors) problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to participate on on-call duty rotations
Nice to haves
- Strong focus on security or ethical hacking
- Advanced CloudOps concepts experience - design procedures for troubleshooting, preparing run books, executing game days, running chaos monkeys, feature flagging, canary releases
- A fan of the post-mortem (lessons learned) culture
- Experience with large-scale or distributed systems, SOA
- Soft-skills - communication, project management skills