- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
LONDON, July 12, 2011
Chyron today announced that seven Chyron HyperX³ on-air graphics systems were used for live coverage of the Barclays Scottish Open, July 7-10, at the Castle Stuart Golf Links in Inverness, Scotland. Throughout the golf tournament, MOOV Limited, provider of data-driven graphics for live sports and entertainment broadcasts, used two HyperX³ systems to provide presentation graphics for the BBC’s domestic feed. MST SYSTEMS Ltd, a specialist in graphics and scoring for golf tournaments, used another five HyperX³ systems for live scoring graphics and playout of custom graphics packages for the world feed and Sky Sports’ feed.
“Golf coverage is extraordinarily demanding in that the number and variety of graphics is enormous, as is the volume of live data driving those graphics,” said Duncan Foot, managing director at MOOV Limited. “Chyron’s HyperX³ systems provide the power required for visually striking 3D graphics, as well as the flexibility to interface with the software systems providing real-time data from around the course.” MOOV Limited has become the graphics company of choice for leading broadcasters including BBC, ESPN, AI Jazeera, RTE, ITV, Sky Italia, and Channel 4. MST SYSTEMS has provided graphics and scoring facilities at six Ryder Cups, 11 Open Championships, and more than 1,000 other golf tournaments for the European Tour, the Asian Tour, One Asia tour, China Tour, and the LPGA. In delivering data-rich graphics for complex live sports, both MOOV Limited and MST SYSTEMS have come to rely on Chyron’s HyperX³ on-air graphics system.
For the Scottish Open, MOOV Limited created the BBC graphics package and MST SYSTEMS turned those graphics into templates that could be populated with data ranging from scores, statistics, and standings and then taken to air with Chyron systems. MOOV Limited also used the Chyron HyperX³ systems to air headline sequences in which live video from a critical drive, putt, or other stroke were shown with a full-screen graphic in real time without requiring rendering.
“Real-time 3D graphics have become a significant element of our service offering, and Chyron systems provide a stable, well-supported playout platform for these graphics,” said Stuart Paterson-Browne, software development manager at MST SYSTEMS. “Because Chyron systems are so well known across the industry, the HyperX³ and its Lyric software give us the flexibility to use experienced freelance operators and designers to create graphics, thereby freeing up internal developers to concentrate on expanding the services we offer our clients.”
“Our HyperX³ on-air graphics systems give innovative companies such as MOOV and MST SYSTEMS the combination of power and interoperability they need to bring exceptionally rich graphics, populated with dynamic live data, to golf broadcasts,” said Chyron’s Vice President of EMEA Sales, Paul Glasgow. “Telecasts from the Scottish Open this year demonstrated very clearly how MOOV and MST SYSTEMS’s work with leading networks is raising the bar for live event coverage, and it’s exciting that Chyron systems are central to this effort.”
More information about Chyron and the company’s products is available at www.chyron.com.
As the pioneer of graphics as a service for all digital video media, Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) continues to define the world of digital and broadcast graphics with Web, mobile, HD, 3D, and newsroom integration solutions. Winner of numerous awards, including two Emmy® Awards, Chyron has proved itself as the undisputed leader in the industry with sophisticated graphics offerings that include Chyron’s AXIS Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link. and click on Investors.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego Launches CAMIO-DR System at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)