- Channel Branding
- Stadiums & Venues
- Trucks & Remotes
- Game Shows & Shopping Channels
Melville, NY – May 2, 2011
Chyron today announced that Altitude Sports & Entertainment, the most watched regional sports network in Colorado, has installed a new Chyron HyperX³ on-air graphics system in its studio production control room. The HyperX³ supports live programming — pregame shows, intermission reports, and postgame wraps — for the network’s broadcasts of the NBA Denver Nuggets, the NHL® Colorado Avalanche™, the MLS™ Colorado Rapids, and the NLL Colorado Mammoth, as well as for weekly news magazines and studio shows.
“The Chyron HyperX³ provides our studio with the interoperability and flexibility we need to maintain high production values and a consistent graphical look while bringing valuable new elements into our broadcast product,” said Dave Zur, senior vice president of operations and engineering at Altitude. “The HyperX³ has enabled us to be creative in building more ‘solid’ elements into our shows and in engaging viewers with social media content. We’ve also found that the Chyron system is reliable, and this is critical within our operations.”
Altitude produces approximately 200 events each year, broadcasting live from its studio in Centennial, Colo. to more than three million subscribers. The broadcaster transitioned from a Chyron Duet system to its new HyperX³ on-air graphics system for studio event production, and was able to bring both SD and HD graphics from the old system into the new HD system. The HyperX³ is interfaced directly to Altitude’s creative services group, which runs the edit bays used to create graphics packages and promotional content for live coverage of Colorado’s professional sports teams and leagues. Because virtually every mobile production vendor uses Chyron graphics systems, Altitude can be confident that the graphics built and used in its studio productions also will work in the mobile trucks the network sends to each game.
Studio production staff use the facility’s HyperX³ — a two-channel unit with a two-channel clip player — for billboards, short-form clip playout, titling, graphics, and near-live social media elements such as caller and email questions, blog posts, and Twitter and Facebook posts. As Altitude extends the use of the Chyron system, the network will continue to heighten the viewer experience with even more on-screen information and greater interactivity.
HyperX³ is an extremely fast, powerful, and easy-to-use platform that features seamless creation-to-playout capability, real-time 2D/3D animation, built-in stereoscopic-ready 3D, and a host of hardware and software features. The turnkey system boasts Chyron’s award-winning Lyric PRO 8 advanced creation and playout package, which includes a rich motion graphics feature set and a completely new 3D text rendering engine. The Lyric PRO software platform continues to provide precise control over every transition and effect with a broad array of adjustments already familiar to users of 3D creation tools.
More information about the HyperX³ and other Chyron solutions is available at www.chyron.com.
About Altitude Sports & Entertainment
Altitude Sports & Entertainment hit the airwaves on Sept. 4, 2004 and today is the most watched regional sports network in the Rockies, seen in more than three million homes in a 10-state territory. Altitude was created by Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche owner Stan Kroenke to give area sports fans the most comprehensive regional sports network in the Rockies. Altitude Sports & Entertainment is the official television network of the Denver Nuggets and the Colorado Avalanche. Fans living in Avalanche and Nuggets territory can watch every single regular-season and playoff game of their favorite teams in high-definition format and 5.1-channel surround sound (NBA and NHL territory restrictions apply). More information is available at www.altitude.tv.
As the pioneer of graphics as a service for all digital video media, Chyron (NASDAQ: CHYR) continues to define the world of digital and broadcast graphics with Web, mobile, HD, 3D, and newsroom integration solutions. Winner of numerous awards, including two Emmy® Awards, Chyron has proved itself as the undisputed leader in the industry with sophisticated graphics offerings that include Chyron’s AXIS Graphics online content creation software and order management system, on-air graphics systems, clip servers, channel branding, and graphics asset management solutions. More information about Chyron products and services is available on the company websites: www.chyron.com and www.axisgraphics.tv. The company’s investor relations information is at www.chyron.com via the “Investors” link. and click on Investors.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Release Archive
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Bundesliga Selects ChyronHego as Official Provider of Real-Time Digital Sports Data ChyronHego Unveils Graffiti On-Air Graphics Platform at NAB 2013ChyronHego Launches CAMIO-DR System at NAB 2013ChyronHego and Mark Roberts Motion Control Partner to Create Landmark Intelligent Robotic Camera SolutionITV News to Refit All 10 U.K. Regional News Sites With ChyronHego’s BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow
- ► March (2)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)Waterman Broadcasting Uses Chyron Channel Box² to Overhaul Look and Feel of 24-Hour News ChannelTexas Legends NBA D-League Team Leverages ChyronIP to Bring Industry-Leading Graphics Capability to New Mobile Unit Belgium’s Télé Bruxelles Builds New Look on Chyron’s Channel Box² Channel Branding System
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► December (1)
- ► October (2)
- ► September (5)Mexico’s PCTV Deploys Chyron’s BlueNet™ Workflow and SHOUT 2.0 Social Media EditorNew ChyronIP Earns STAR Award at IBC2012zeebox Becomes Charter Partner for Chyron ENGAGE PlatformNew ChyronIP Solution Brings Power of Chyron Graphics to NewTek TriCasterChyron Reveals Enhanced Axis World Graphics Platform to European Market
- ► August (1)
- ► July (3)
- ► June (3)
- ► May (2)
- ► April (5)Chyron Further Expands Latin American Footprint Chyron's ENGAGE Wins ‘STAR’ Award From Editors of TV TechnologyChyron’s SHOUT Takes Twitter Feeds Live to Air in an Instant Chyron and ConnecTV ‘Engage’ Viewers With Innovative Technology PartnershipChyron’s Todd Martin to Participate in 2012 NAB Cloud Computing Conference
- ► March (4)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (3)
- ► 2011 (52)
- ► December (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► October (5)CCW/HD World 2011 Product PreviewChyron Rocky Mountain Audio Video Expo (AVX) Product PreviewChyron Appoints Jean Rene Georges as Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Senior Account ExecutiveChyron’s Greg Lennon to Present Keynote on Cloud-Based Services at 2011 Rocky Mountain AVXNew Chyron Media Center Brings State-of-the-Art Graphics to Arizona State University
- ► September (4)
- ► August (4)Chyron Expands Latin American Market PresenceChyron’s Cloud-Based Axis World Graphics System Allows U.S. Newsrooms to Take Quake Graphics to Air QuicklyChyron Equips Powerful and Popular LEX3.1 On-Air Graphics System With Free Stereoscopic 3D SupportChyron Appoints Kathy Power Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- ► July (6)
- ► June (6)Chyron Appoints Sim Kolliner Vice President of Professional ServicesShanghai TV Festival 2011 PreviewExpo Cine, Video & Television (Telemundo) PreviewChyron Expands London Office With Three New AppointmentsChyron Names Christina Thomas Senior Account ExecutiveChyron Names Jonathan Wong New Vice President of Asia Pacific Sales
- ► May (4)
- ► April (8)Chyron Names Peter Morrone Senior Vice President, Engineering and Product ManagementChyron Highlights Enhancements to Graphics Solutions at the 2011 NAB ShowChyron BlueNet™ Graphics Workflow Being Rolled Out Across All 12 NRK News-Producing StationsChyron BlueNet™ Workflow Gives the NHL Network™ a Competitive Edge in Live Graphics PlayoutChyron BlueNet™ Offers Broadcasters Complete Graphics Creation and Playout SolutionSwitzerland’s RSI Extends Deployment of Chyron HyperX³ On-Air Graphics SystemsBroadcastAsia 2011 PreviewU.K. Graphics Company MOOV to Attend Royal Wedding, Brings Chyron’s HyperX³ to the Party
- ► March (4)
- ► February (6)Chyron’s Paul Glasgow to Discuss Cloud-Based Services at CABSAT Broadcast ConferenceChyron Appoints Gary Schutte as North American Director of Channel SalesChyron Strengthens Presence in the Middle East and North Africa, Partners With Dubai-Based Dealer TevidoChyron’s Lyric PRO 8 Earns Digital Studio Industry Leadership AwardChyron’s Paul Glasgow to Join Debate ‘The Cloud: A Year On’ at Broadcast Video Expo 2011Chyron MicroX Powers Real-Time Text and Graphics Animation at New STAR CJ Home Shopping Channel
- ► January (2)